Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh, Just a Ramble.

So, away from good ole' Athens, I sit at home. The second abrupt home coming I've had this quarter. Speaking of this quarter, I wake up at 9:30 am each morning asking when it is ever going to be over. I know most people don't like the snow and cold air, but I truly believe no one hates it as much as I do. Probably why this quarter obviously isn't my favorite.
Anyways, being at home. I'm surprised at how nice it feels. I'm not one to get homesick...at all really. But I've found myself enjoying Springfield this time. Seeing my brothers and sisters is nice, but they are so young that they don't understand the whole concept of visiting home, so then after my being there about an hour, they are all off on their own playing video games and ignoring my presence. It doesn't bother me.
Going to see my Dad, though, that's what gets to me. After being at college, I've realized how close and how much I really admire him. During my parents' divorce not too long ago, he became my friend, instead of the normal father figure that does the bills,etc. And our relationship has grown ever so much since then. We don't talk on the phone much [although I wish we did], but every time I come home, it's him I want to go see. I came home today and he was telling me all of his plans for the future and getting his Master's and PhD and I'm so proud of him. In my eyes, he IS the wisest, smartest man in the world and no one will ever compare.
I love you Dad.

On another note, (this is a long one)--We were driving today on the never-ending Route 50 and listening to Dave Matthews. So for an hour, I got lost in the wind from the window and the surprisingly enjoyable ear-shattering level of music, not noise, pounding from the speakers. This is why I love summer. That IS my summer. The hot summer air, the feeling of "chill"... I can't explain it. I really think summer makes me a 100% more happier person ( not that I'm ususally not happy). So now that today's 50 degree weather and Liz Mace's Dave Cd has teased me, I will be cursing the cold even more when it comes again!

I'm pretty sure this is a sign I will not live in Ohio. Or at least during the winter.

Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain ❧

No comments: